Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ambitious? Maybe.

First of all, before another word is spoken...
♥HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY TO MY LITTLE BOY, CALE! ♥

You are SO loved by so many people. Thank you for blessing my life for 365 days! You will always be my favorite.


Mmmkay, so I may be somewhat ambitious here, but I'm about to embark on a project and I'm not sure if I can do it alone! I've been looking for a unique way to store Cale's books in his room, since at the moment they are in a bucket on my living room floor taking up wayyyy too much space. I found some really cute ideas online, but this is by far my favorite!


It's a book sling that is held up by dowel rods and secured with curtain brackets. I think this is such a cute idea and I am looking forward to making them for Cale's room. I plan on making two of them, one on top of the other like in the first picture so that there are plenty of room for all of his books. I love that he will be able to see the fronts of the books instead of just being able to see the spine of the book from a bookshelf.


I know it seems like an easy sewing project, but I'm not exactly sewing savvy, so we will see how it goes. I think I will enlist my mom or Nate's grandma for help so it doesn't turn out as a major mommy fail.


As soon as Cale wakes up from his nap I am going to head over to JoAnns Fabrics to pick up the materials. I'm not exactly sure what kind of fabric we will use, but I plan on using a versatile fabric that can easily transition in to his "big boy" room in a few years.


Wish me luck! I'll post pictures when it's done and instructions for those that are interested in making one!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to the birthday boy!! Hope he had a great day! I love those DIY book shelves!

    ReplyDelete